In these days of unprecedented challenges for spiritual leaders and the people of God, my goal is that this blog would offer encouraging and informative helps to fellow servants in the ministry.
Twenty-nine years ago, the Lord brought my wife, Terrie, and me to Lancaster Baptist Church in Lancaster, California, and I have been blessed to serve as the senior pastor here for these past twenty-nine years. God has been gracious to our church, and I am privileged to pastor the greatest church family in the world.
Additionally, I am the president of West Coast Baptist College where our mission is “Training Laborers for His Harvest.” The Lord has allowed us to see almost two thousand graduates serving today on harvest fields around the world.
Terrie (who also writes a blog) and I have been married for thirty-four years, and we have four married children and eight grandchildren. It is our joy to see all four of our children serving the Lord with their spouses in Christian ministry and raising their children for the Lord.
The Lord has given me a passion for the work of the ministry as well as for serving pastors and other spiritual leaders. I’ve attempted to do this through the years by hosting an annual Spiritual Leadership Conference, the Spiritual Leadership Podcast, and by writing. My books include The Spiritual Leader, Grace for Godly Living, In Desert Places, The Road Ahead, and—my most recent book—Out of Commission.
I usually write new posts for paulchappell.com two to three times per week. I write about Christian living, spiritual leadership, and biblical ministry philosophy. Every two to three weeks, I post a Growth Points video.
Most popular posts
If you are new to paulchappell.com, you may like to check out some of my most popular posts in each category. Additionally, you can view all past posts in the archives.
- 20 Characteristics of a Christ-Like Leader
- 12 Myths of Pastoral Leadership
- Ministry Joy Killers (and the follow-up post Overcoming the Joy Killers)
- 12 Characteristics of Ministry-Minded Millennials
- Timeless Traits of Effective Ministry: 10 Reasons I’m Grateful for My Independent Baptist Heritage
- 20 Lessons from Megachurch Life
Growth Points Videos
- Growth Points 46: Better before Bigger
- Growth Points 50: How to Nurture a Godly Family in a Fervent Ministry Environment
- Growth Points 54: Three Truths for Discipleship
If you don’t want to miss new posts, sign up for free updates, and you’ll receive an email with each new post. (You can also subscribe via RSS.)