January 25, 2016 by Paul Chappell
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:—2 Thessalonians 3:1
That’s what we are praying for Spiritual Leadership Conference Asia February 1–3, 2016—that God’s Word would have freedom and work in lives.
This conference is an undertaking of incredible magnitude, and we’re praying that it results in abundant fruit in one of the most needy areas of the world—the 10/40 window. This area contains over four billion people, and 95 percent of these are unreached with the gospel.
The great need of the 10/40 window makes this area one of the most potentially influential in the spread of the gospel—the cutting edge region in worldwide missions harvest.
Will you pray with us for this conference? And will you pray specifically for the following needs? (more…)
Category: Ministry Leadership, Ministry News
Tags: leadership conference, ministry, Ministry News, Missions, Striving Together | Comments (0)
December 10, 2015 by Paul Chappell
Being a parent is a tough job. And in today’s broken society, it sometimes seems that there are 1,001 forces working against you.
But parenting is not only tough—it’s vital. It’s the highest of callings, and it’s important that you succeed in raising your children to follow the Lord as adults.
So how are you to win in this endeavor?
1. Encourage more than you correct.
Children are desperate for praise. When they’re little, you hear it in their constant demands, “Daddy, watch this!” “Mommy, look at me!” But the desire for affirmation doesn’t diminish as they grow—even if they learn how to mask it better. (more…)
Category: Christian Life, Family, Media/Resources
Tags: Family, Media/Resources, parenting, Recommended Reading, Resource, Striving Together | Comments (0)
December 8, 2015 by Paul Chappell
Assumptions are powerful for two reasons: first, because we often don’t recognize our assumptions (by definition, we accept them as fact) and second, because they do, in fact, shape our actions.
In almost thirty years of pastoring and counseling, I’ve discovered that many Christian parents hold false assumptions which they don’t recognize and which they base their parenting decisions upon.
Here are five: (more…)
Category: Christian Life, Family, Media/Resources
Tags: Christian Walk, Family, Media/Resources, parenting, Recommended Reading, Resource, Striving Together | Comments (0)
October 23, 2015 by Paul Chappell
Do you ever wonder how a nation that carved the words of Scripture into its stone monuments and inscribed “In God We Trust” on its currency could come to the place where the Bible is openly scorned and its truth is disregarded?
Although there have been concerning trends in our nation for years, it seemed to me that the Supreme Court decision this past summer granting same-sex marriage as a constitutional right brought this rejection of God to the level of an official national position.
Just decades ago, we saw the resurgence of what some called the “moral majority” in America, but today, Christians who believe the Bible can only be described as a “moral minority.”
How did we get here as a nation? Is there hope for a national turning back to God? And more importantly, what can Christians do today to make a difference for Christ? (more…)
Category: Christian Life, Current Events, Media/Resources, Ministry Leadership
Tags: Current Events, Media/Resources, ministry, Ministry News, patriotic, Recommended Reading, Resource, Striving Together | Comments (0)
June 15, 2015 by Paul Chappell
Over the past few weeks, Striving Together Publications has released several new resources that we believe will be tremendously helpful for Christians and local church ministry.
The resources below will be featured at Spiritual Leadership Conference this week, but for those unable to attend the conference, I’d like to highlight them for you.
Below is a brief description of each resource with a link for more information and availability to purchase from Striving Together.
- Continue discipleship curriculum—This project has been in progress for over two years, and we were delighted to release it this spring. Beta tested here at Lancaster Baptist Church and now already being used around the country, we’re getting very positive feedback on this new discipleship curriculum. (I wrote a separate post about it a few weeks ago.)
- Order in the Church, 2nd Edition—It’s hard to believe, but this was the very first book published through Striving Together Publications—over ten years ago! Revised and updated this summer, we believe this second edition is even more helpful. It is streamlined and includes additional ministry opportunities we’ve developed over the past ten years. This edition also includes access to online downloads.
- Where Only God Could Lead: The Life Story of Don Sisk—If you know Dr. Don Sisk, you know that his biography could be nothing less than inspiring. If you don’t know him, you need to! Written by a gifted communicator, Cary Schmidt, this record of how God molded and directed a life over eighty years and has been expanding and leading a man’s ministry over sixty years will encourage and challenge your faith.
- Lessons from the Road: A Study of the Gospel of Mark—This resource was compiled and written by my brother, Pastor Stephen Chappell, from a verse-by-verse series of messages he preached on the Gospel of Mark. It would be tremendously helpful either for personal Bible study or for sermon preparation from Mark.
- The Plan B Prayer—In this insightful study of Psalm 90, Pastor Tim Zacharias transparently shares experiences from his life that have given him personal understanding of what it means to walk through difficult times. In these pages, you’ll find encouragement and application that will strengthen your hope and deepen your understanding of God. Thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter prompt reflection or aid discussion for individual or group study.
- Strengthen Your Hands—A compilation of ten practical lessons from the book of Nehemiah, I wrote this minibook to encourage godly leaders to remain strong in the work of the Lord.
- Save the Day—This minibook, written by my wife Terrie, draws practical truths from “a wise woman” in 1 Chronicles 20 on applying God’s wisdom to life struggles.
- Know that You Know—In this minibook, Evangelist Paul Schwanke leads readers through the the truths of 1 John, examining the sources of doubt, the evidences of salvation, the promises of God, and the assurance available to every believer in Christ.
- Securely Woman—Written by Karen Hightower, this book introduces the biblical principle of femininity and suggests simple, practical ideas for embracing Christian womanhood.
- Consider Christ curriculum—This thirteen-lesson study is designed to focus students’ thoughts on Christ, resulting in renewed minds and refreshed joy.
- Transforming Truths curriculum—This new series by Dr. Jim Schettler explores thirteen loved and well-known verses with an emphasis on practical application.
- Stories of Grace, Volume 2 children’s curriculum—The second lesson set in a series featuring Bible stories every child should know, these thirteen lessons focus on the lives of prominent New Testament Bible characters. Also available are supplementary flashcards and a ministry resource download.
- Student Planner 2015–16—Featuring month-at-a-glance and week-at-a-glance pages with encouraging Scriptures and motivating quotes, this student planner will help junior high and high school students mange their assignments and schedules. Used in Christian schools across America and as gifts for youth group attendees, this resource makes a great gift from teachers and youth leaders.
We’re praying that the Lord will use each of these to encourage spiritual growth and equip saints for the work of the ministry.
Category: Christian Life, Media/Resources, Ministry Leadership, Ministry News
Tags: Church, Media/Resources, ministry, Ministry News, Recommended Reading, Resource, Striving Together | Comments (0)